Cary Jacobson is a trained Maryland Collaborative Divorce Attorney. She begins working with you by listening to your concerns and helping you identify your goals and interests for the divorce process and the future beyond it. Collaborative is an excellent choice for many families who want to create a resolution for their family that is everyone’s best interests. If you decide that Collaborative divorce is right for you, Cary works with, and advocates for you throughout the process, from helping to assemble the Collaborative team to finalizing your final divorce documents.
Cary graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law with her Juris Doctorate magna cum laude. She is admitted to practice law throughout the State of Maryland as well as within the United States District Court for the District of Maryland. Cary is a certified child custody mediator, Best Interest Attorney, Child Advocate Attorney and Child Privilege Attorney. Prior to founding Jacobson Family Law, Cary was a senior litigator at The Drazin Law Center, specializing in divorce and bankruptcy.
Education and Degrees
- 2002 – University of North Carolina – Asheville
- 2010 University of Baltimore School of Law J.D. – magna cum laude
- 2010 Maryland State Bar
- 2010 United States District Court for the District Court of Maryland
Other Professional Organizations
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association
- Howard County Collaborative Professionals
- Women’s Bar Association – Howard County